Tuesday 28 June 2011

Glennis' Sneak-a-lyzer

I feel a little guilty and sneaky – I had a paralyzer without Patty. We stained our deck the other night, and I figured I earned one. Our booze supply has also grown, and I’m trying to empty out some old bottles so we can fit all the new ones in the cupboard.

I dug to the back of the cupboard, looking for those few bottles that have just an ounce or two left in them. I came across a near-empty bottle of raspberry schnapps. Perfect. With the onslaught of flavoured vodkas between Patty and I, I have also been neglecting my regular vodka. So I dug for that, too.

1 oz raspberry schnapps
1 oz vodka
Milk
Coke

4 star rating

I know I’m trying to empty a few bottles so everything will fit in the booze cupboard again…but this one makes me want to go out and buy another bottle of raspberry schnapps. J


Well Glennis, if this is confession time (it's Patty on here now)...then I have to admit I have had paralyzers without you too - so take that!!   But you know what?  Usually if I have one without you, it's regular plain ol' vodka and regular plain ol' Kahlua.  Test tasting and experimenting really should be done with an assistant - just to keep it safe.   (I'm sure she must have tried to call me, but I wasn't home!!)

Now that Glennis has given this a 4 star rating I think I better try it...should have tried it before we went public with this recipe just to make sure that it was good enough for the rest of you to drink.   But I trust Glennis, we've trained together for a while now so I have full confidence that she knows a good paralyzer when she tastes one.    

So go on, you have my permission - run to the store, get some Raspberry Schnapps, make a paralyzer and be sneaky about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment