Thursday 4 October 2012

the Boot Camp Cool Down

This drink is dedicated to our fitness instructor, she drives us to drink!!



some Orange Whipped (for the nutritional value) 
some Kahlua (for the goodness)
some milk (for the calcium)
some coke (for the sugar high)

5 star (because its great for re-hydration)

P: What, you brought me to a fitness class?  I thought "Boot Camp" was the new shoe store, now I understand why you told me to wear sweats - shit!

45 minutes of cardio? No prob. Haven't done this for...ever...no problem.

With only six people in the gym, it's hard to hide, but I figured out that if you jump when everyone else jumps, it looks like you are doing burpees.  

And breathe.

She's a slave driver! Three repetitions of ten exercises for one minute each, for three times...did I say we did the entire routine (is a fitness workout called a routine?) three times?. I'm going to puke. Thankfully I can think about my blog while I run laps around the gym.

Half way there. Five More....now burpees, wall sit ups, stretch, run, mountain climbers, run, sleep, stretch...breathe...think about paralyzers!

G: You did it Patty! So proud of you. Now you've earned a "boot camp cool down". I know we did a cool down in our class, but this cool down is much more enjoyable. And I'm sure I've heard you should have citrus or milk post-workout. This is great!

Normally we use a shot glass. But our arms are a little shaky from the burpees and mountain climbers we did. So forget that shot glass! Two hands on the bottle. It's free-pour time!

Engage the core, shoulders back, chin up...and hold the pose...insert drink here! Repeat! Breathe, drink...repeat, breathe, drink, repeat!

We're already short of blood flow to our heads, and these drinks are a little on the stronger side. Might be an early night!

Wait, we need to repeat two more times, and do it all in under one hour.

G: You will not feel the burn here!
P: Well you might in the morning!

Now that's a workout.

P: Hey Glennis, we should do this again next week!
G: Oh, did I forget to mention that you just enrolled yourself into eight weeks of this!

:)






1 comment:

  1. Tell us what your fitness class is really like for you????

    ReplyDelete