Thursday 19 May 2011

Are you Spring Cleaning?

Glennis is currently away; however, I have been told that the key to a successful blog is consistency.   So the show must go on, and today I will blog without my Editor G to review my post.  My son, will be my interim assistant and is helping with color effects and fun. 


If you read this, post a comment and let's have some fun and test Glennis - let's see how many of you will read this post before she does.  

First off, I have to tell you that I am so excited that you are reading our Blog.   Last week I received my first phone call from one of our Blog Observers asking for clarification on one of our recipes.   She loved the Vanilla Bear and the Deckalyzer paralyzers and is waiting for more awesome recipes.   If you loved them too, please post your comments and share our Blog with your friends.  

Unable to do any new research this week (because it's just not something that Glennis or I do without the other one), I have decided to share with you a recipe from my notebook.   We were not going to share this recipe with you until we could recreate it and take a photo; however, I am thinking that it is the perfect drink for this beautiful weather.    You're going to want to get out in the yard and pull some weeds, and if it rains, you will likely take that need to clean into your kitchen.  The Fruit and Nut paralyzer came about one night when we decided to clean out the booze cupboard.   You know how you get all those bottles with little bits of booze and you just don't know what to do with them....well try this one.   We were going to call it Spring Cleaning, but once you taste it, you'll know why we did not.  

Fruit and Nut          4 stars

1/2 oz Triple Sec
1 oz Apricot Brandy
1 oz Caramel Baileys
Milk (fill your class 3/4 full)
top your glass up with Coke

Yum!  This combination has a prominent nutty flavor with a hint of caramel.   It's like something you would pick out of a box of chocolates.   We amazed ourselves with this one, it is delicious.


On second thought...we decided to add a photo.  Drawn by Nash - showing just how happy we were when we drank these.  

Have a great weekend everyone!  Celebrate all those little things that make you smile, you deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. This drink sounds PERFECT! I made a shooter once with Cherry Whiskey, whatever that Hazelnut liquer is called (can't think of the name right now), and Creme de Cacao. The cherry/chocolate/nutty flavour was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it from Chicago!

    Can't wait to get back and enjoy a few of these with you. And get back to the warm weather (it's cold here!).

    Heading to the airport in a couple hours, can't wait to pick up a new vodka for us.

    :)

    ReplyDelete